Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I think that it is nice that a holiday that is pretty unique to The United States (or at least North America) has managed to remain esentially non-comercial. Of course there are cardboard turkeys and decorations that are sold but Thanksgiving, at its heart, is all about reflecting on how lucky we are and what things we have to be thankful for. I think that's lovely. It is too bad that with all of the exportation of Western culture we have not managed to export the one holiday that reflects a nice sentiment.

Anyway, we've tried to have a bit of a Thanksgiving dinner here. Carrie and I both love Cranberry sauce (the jelly kind from the can, not the fancy kind) and pumpkin pie. So we're having cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and guacamole (we like guacamole too). Ok, that's all, I hope you are all having a wonderful Thanksgiving and to our families we miss you and are both thankful to have you!

Matt

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're glad to see that you celebrated Thanksgiving!
Love, Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

It was weird for me to see that you guys already have a Friday post, since it's still Thursday morning here! Hope your Thanksgiving is nice! Oh, and Carrie, you might want to email Lindsey- she's got "news"!

A Family Abroad said...

Cranberry, guac, and pie ... what better meal. We added a few mashed potatoes, of course, ... I'm with you on Thanksgiving being the best holiday -- esp. if I focus on the thanks-giving part and skip the colonialist overtones.
xxx

AdamB said...

Yeah, I agree that it's way better without all the stems and skins and whatnot added in. Just straight up cranberry jelly, the way God intended.

Archive