Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sad News

This is the second post in a very short time so if you missed the bird post please scroll down. It is much happier news.

So, as Carrie mentioned two posts ago our camera stopped working the other day. We didn't even drop it. It was just in my pocket and when I took it out it refused to work. After some online investigation and a trip to a camera repair place it looks like we are going to be without a camera for the remainder of the trip. The repair place said they could fix it for $150 but it would take them three weeks. After that I went ahead and took the camera apart into many pieces to try and fix it myself. I cleaned it and put it back together to no avail so I took it apart again and went even deeper. The error seems to be in the lens drive mechanism so I cleaned all of the little gears and reassembled it but no luck. It looks like we'll need to just get it fixed when we get home.
It makes me feel like I showed up to a party and forgot my pants. I'm going to encourage Carrie to draw more things we see so that we can at least show drawings when we get back.

Matt

1 comment:

Archive