Tuesday, August 29, 2006

By Popular Demand

Here by popular demand is a picture of the house we are working on. All the timbers are from native species. They had a huge truck pull up with logs and then had it all milled right on the spot. For some reason it was cheaper to do it that way than to buy it pre-milled. I guess they took out the middleman. We haven't had a chance to take any really good shots of the house yet but when we do I'll post them. Also I'll post detail shots of the places that we have been working on.


This is a shot that I took on a stone beach right neary. I'm using it as my desktop, thought you all might like it.


Matt

2 comments:

David said...

AWESOME. That looks like a very interesting work project...and fun as well. What is the weather like down there...maybe you can add that to your front page?
loveya, dpg

A Family Abroad said...

I love the house pictures & Carrie's long non-blog e-mail that rounded out my mental pictures. I am jealous of the winter to summer transition, as it is getting cold here already. Argh. The green pebbles are way cool.
xxx

Archive