Thursday, October 19, 2006

My drawing

I practiced my drawing on our road trip and I have a few that I think are good enough to share. The first two (on the left page) were copied from a book of New Zealand trees that I looked at while we were charging the laptop at the Greymouth Library. The next two (right page) were drawn from objects I found at our campground.

Then I tried drawing the same yellow leaf in pencil, pastels, and pen. I like the pen the best. I don’t feel like I have the hang of the other two yet. I hadn’t used pastels since I was 13 and I bought these on a whim at the bookstore where I got drawing pencils and pens.

I’m sticking to small, easy to draw objects so far. I’ll let you know when I produce a decent looking animal or landscape!

Carrie

1 comment:

A Family Abroad said...

Given the number of children's book I read these days, I find myself paying more attention to the drawings than I ever did as a child. One book I read recently was illustrated entirely by pencils (colored and otherwise), another was all by inkpen. Separetely, I spend a lot of time being asked to draw trucks, cars, and things. I wish you were closer at hand to take over the task, as my drawings require a great deal of imagination. Yours look great.

Archive